Sunday, November 26, 2006

a toast to the end of gardening season

garden martini
I think this is about it for my vegetable garden this year. I have one tomato left from the big box of green tomatoes that I picked last month. Pretty much all of the green tomatoes ripened. Outside, I just have carrots, garlic sprouts and parsley left in the garden along with my cover crop of winter rye. We've had a couple of hard frosts and the garden soil is nearly frozen. I'll take a few pictures of the garden plot during the winter - and I am looking forward to planning next year's garden. But for now, here's a toast to a productive and enjoyable season. The beverage is one of my newly invented garden martini's - carrots, celery, cukes and olives!

Topic: martini!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cheers,

Nice garden, and very nice blog you have there.

I wanted to talk to you about a project that I'm working on but could not find any contact information on your site. Drop me a line when you have a chance and let me know how I can get in touch with you.

Thanks.

kathy said...

I added an email address on the sidebar, but its not working quite yet. I'll let you know when it is. Probably tomorrow.

Leslie said...

I know I'm a real gardener because I am more attracted to the veggies than I am to the gin!

Cheers to a wonderful season!

kathy said...

I love gardening, but I always enjoy an ice cold Friday evening Martini! Its part of our relaxing and celebrating the end of a work week. Or anything else that needs celebrating ...