Sunday, January 28, 2007

old planting journal

I was looking through boxes in my basement and came across a gardening journal I started in 1998. I only entered about 4 or 5 pages. To tedious to handwrite it, I guess. And no one was leaving me any comments! In 1998 and 1999, I was gardening in a different location, but in 1990 I first turned over my current garden. The area was a weedy lawn before I started planting. We put up a post and rail fence around the garden in the same location of the 4 foot picket fence we have now. 1990 - wow! That means my current garden has been growing for 17 years. I didn't realize it had been so long. As they say, time flies when you're gardening.

S&P

2 comments:

Tea said...

What a wonderfully inspiring blog you have! I`m so glad I discovered it. I hope you don`t miond me linking you.
In the spring we`re making a veg garden off the back garden and it won`t be too big so I`d love to try your tomato teepee idea! I`ll be back :)

tea
xo

kathy said...

A new garden sounds like fun!