Tuesday, July 31, 2007

very fresh dill

potted dill
One of my favorite potted plants this year is dill that I seeded in early June. I keep this pot by the grill. We pick off a bunch and put it on whatever we are grilling. Dill is awesome on grilled salmon and halibut. Also on chicken and vegetables. Its especially good with cedar plank cooking. And it can't get any fresher than this!

This dill variety is Dukat dill from Sand Hill Preservation Center. Its a shorter heirloom variety with dense foliage. It has a very nice flavor.

culinary herbs

3 comments:

TYRA Hallsénius Lindhe said...

Dill is one af my favorites too, so you have it in a pot? Do you know the name? Mine are 170cm tall! But I´m looking for a dill to have in a pot as well, please let me know.

kathy said...

It is called Durkat dill. I got the seeds from Sand Hill Preservation Center. Its a shorter bushier variety than the standard varieties and with very nice flavor. I have a row that has gone to seed and I am looking forward to saving some for next year.

kathy said...

I misspelled the variety. It is Dukat dill.