Monday, January 07, 2008

leftover seeds

leftover seeds
Before I did too much circling in my catalogs, I checked out my leftover seeds. I was surprised to see so many. I won't need to buy as many new seeds as I thought this year. Between the leftovers and the ones I saved, I have many seeds.

I am excited about some little watermelon seeds I saved from a delicious melon I bought from my CSA. (I'm hoping it wasn't a hybrid.) I also have several types of wildflowers that I will plant outside in plastic milk bottles in February. Of course, I have my Capucijner peas. They look good. I'm hungry for another meal of these! I have at least half a package of each of my great green bean varieties from last year: Provider and Maxibel. I have lots of summer squash seeds, and peas and radishes. Some of these just didn't do well in my shady garden and this year I hope they will enjoy the sun of my yet-to-be-assigned community plot. Oh, and lots of Dukat dill seeds. And so many leftover lettuce seeds ...

S&P
Watermelon (Citrullus lanatus (Thunb.) Matsum & Nakai, family Cucurbitaceae)

2 comments:

Gardening for Fun said...

What a selection. I have some of the same varieties you have. I'm trying black seeded simpson this year. How is it? Is it good?

kathy said...

Black seeded Simpson is my favorite lettuce. It grows very fast, has nice big leaves and is very tasty.