Tuesday, March 24, 2009

tulips in my sister's california garden



These are photos my sister took of her backyard near San Francisco. I LOVE the top left one with tulips AND cactus!

My aunt sent tulip bulbs to both of us last fall. Mine are just barely starting to grow. But in CA they are in full glory - a preview of what's ahead! Its especially nice to see today - another bitter cold day in the NE. The good news is that a nice weekend is forecast. After all, March is supposed to go out like a lamb....

8 comments:

Bren Haas said...

Breath Taking!!! I can't wait till mine start blooming in another month here in the Midwest.
Happy Spring!

Anonymous said...

They are just lovely, we planted ours last year for the first time and hardly any come up, wonderful to see these ones though, just found your blog and love it, Fiona

Anonymous said...

Really pretty Kathy. I love Spring flowers. Re-visiting Beets! Has anyone at the White House told our Queen Elizabeth that Mr Obama does not eat Beets I wonder? Can you imagine at the state dinner when he comes over ... I am sure they are on top of it!! I thought about dropping a note to her website at Buckingham Palace, tee hee.
Marian

kathy said...

What a thought Marian!

Melanie said...

Absolutely beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Kathy, what a wonderful blog you have. I'm very happy I met you at the park today. I always wanted to have a veggie garden, but Frieda always ate the plants before they grew.

:-P

I'll try again this year, as every year, but this time with some good advice from you.

If you'd like to read stories about my family (a husband, three dogs and three cats), visit us at www.TheDailyTail.com.

Cheers,

Daniela Caride

kathy said...

Hi Daniela, That's just what I was doing just now! I enjoyed reading about Lola's adoption.

Marie Anne said...

Stunning!

I just moved into my new home and have tulips and daffodils coming up. Can't wait to see what I end up with!