Tuesday, July 28, 2009

today's harvest

lettuce harvest summer squash harvest
harvest broccoli harvest

Amazing how fast things are growing in the hot weather we FINALLY have this week. The garden is awesome. Overrun with squash vines. Fantastic cabbage heads. Corn is taller by the minute. I could sit and watch all day!

Today I harvested lettuce, dill, patty pan and zucchini squash, a giant Chiogga beet, a couple small onions, a green Thai hot pepper, and a handful of broccoli. Oh, and I almost forget, another cherry tomato.

3 comments:

Daphne said...

That is a very pretty harvest. I'm not getting much summer squash yet. The female flowers keep shriveling up before they even open. I think with the warm weather this week, that may change.

Tiffany said...

I'm so glad your finally getting the summer weather you've been waiting for! I bet your in for some heavy harvests if things stay that way for a bit.

TYRA Hallsénius Lindhe said...

Beautiful harvest Kathy, it is fun day now I just love these wonderful day's of harvest.

xoxo Tyra