Friday, August 21, 2009

harvests

first butternut squash harvest 1 - summer squash
harvest 3 - beets
harvest harvest 2 - eggplants
onions

Its hard to believe the bounty of mid summer. My fridge is full of every vegetable there is, it seems. All fresh and beautiful. Such variety. So many photos to take - and recipes to try. Its really wonderful.

These are photos of: my first butternut squash, a day's worth of summer squash, three types of beets (Chiogga, White Detroit and Lutz), my first eggplant harvest, a basket full of everything I brought home from my plot yesterday, and my storage onion harvest.

8 comments:

Marian(LondonUK) said...

Fantastic, the Aubergines look great, ours were coming along well but went wrinkly overnight at about 4 inches long. It seems to have been particularly windy this Summer and althought the Aubergines are staked and are bushing out some of the lower leaves are quite brown, despite feeding and watering. Still the small fruits picked yesterday are destined for a Ratatouille, Yum!
Marian(LondonUK)

Daphne Gould said...

Wow what a pretty harvest. I especially love your onions. Mine just didn't come out very well this year. They all tried blooming and are small. Sigh. So there are a lot of thick necks and they won't store well.

Dalila said...

Your harvest looks great and so abundant. Wonderful!

Unknown said...

Beautiful photos of food. I also loved the bee photos!!! (I'm using it for my screen saver and getting all sorts of comments!)

Anonymous said...

I am so impressed that you have a mature butternut already. Mine are still developing, a good month to go. Gotta love winter squash!

Dawnie (CT) said...

Beautiful!!

Chiot's Run said...

Lovely onions!

One of the things I love about growing your own is all the lovely varieties you can grow.

Wayne Stratz said...

marvelous