Friday, August 27, 2010

reflecting on my community plot

my plot 1
my plot 3 my plot 5

It seems that gardens are a reflection of a person and what's going on. This year my garden is fending for itself a fair amount of time. The soil is good and the weather has been nice, so my plants have done well. But I have big areas of unplanted space. Some fall greens are coming along under lights at home and will fill these in soon.

My mom is pretty sick right now. I've been visiting the hospital and keeping her company. She had some bad luck it will probably take quite some time to recuperate.

I'm also putting more time into my role as coordinator at the Belmont Community Gardens. Communication and planning. And my new company is growing. Good news, but it keeps me away from my garden on those beautiful rainy days when the flowers colors look so bright and the droplets allow you to reflect.

5 comments:

AndreaD said...

Sorry to hear about you mom. I enjoy your blog and the inspiration I'vw gotten over the past couple of years. I'll be thinking of you.

Andrea

Jain said...

Best wishes to your mom, Kathy.
~Jain

Zazu Ta said...

Oh! I do hope your mum feels better soon.
Best wishes for your family.

Anonymous said...

Best wishes to your mom. It is never fun when a loved one is ill and in the hospital.
~Felicia~

Marian(LondonUK) said...

Kathy, fondest thoughts to you and your Mum. Lots going on for you. You bring joy and inspiration to many. I am glad your business venture is doing well too. Healing wishes to you all.
Marian (London UK)