Friday, September 24, 2010

today's harvest - chiles and broccoli!

harvest

Even as I was picking these Numex (Joe Parker) chiles they seemed they they should be stuffed. Chile Rellenos? I've never made them before, but these chiles smell so yummy, I think I will try.

And I was really happy to see some nice broccoli heads today. Its still my old spring planted broccoli plants. I never needed the space for something else, so they have stayed in just for the nice blueish-green of their leaves. With the cooler weather, they are producing some sparse heads.

5 comments:

Dan said...

Beautiful harvest! Love those anaheim chilies. They make good green chili sauce, spooned over enchiladas etc.

Lucky-1 said...

Love the harvest you have in your photo. We here in Luckyland are starting to think about planting out seedlings for the summer harvest.

Starting out this coming week with a few plants and the stagger them over the next 6 weeks.

alice said...

Did you tackle the Chile Rellenos? They are one of my favorite dishes (out of course). Beautiful crispness in this harvest shot.

kathy said...

I have not yet made the Rellenos. I keep imagining them though!

Tonight we had garden fresh potatoes, onions and chiles with some local kielbasa. Delicious!

Heather said...

I am so jealous! Everything looks great.