Saturday, February 12, 2011

PBS video clips

I thought I'd share an email I got yesterday. The videos are very nice. I like the ones about composting with worms. This year, I will be trying harder to make really good compost.

Skippy,

My name is Daniel Buckley and I work for WGBH Boston... I .. wanted to reach out to you as an advocate for gardening, because of a project that we at PBS worked on this summer.

So as part of a new project called Design Squad Nation, we traveled to London to team up with a group called Global Generation to build a mobile garden for transporting the fresh/sustainable produce to local restaurants.

Here is a list of links to our videos...for you to check out.

Sneak Peek
Judy’s Composter
Rooftop Garden
Learning how to weld
Animation: how to make a wormery
Garden to go episode

Thanks ...

Daniel

8 comments:

Vick said...

I have been a fan of Skippy's garden since I visited the blog in 2000.

Excellent photos, seasonably relevant content and Model Skippy makes this blog my most favorite.

I have provided a link on our blog.

Keep up great job!

Fan Vick

Vick said...

Sorry I meant 2009.

dedogreen said...

I have been reading your blog for a few months and my husband and I will definitely try a cold frame after reading about yours. I also have a black Labradoodle and she loves our garden.

Paul said...

I always enjoy your blog and have for quite a while. I am a master gardener in northern Arizona where the growing season is 103 days. I'm teaching a gardening class this spring and plan on including your blog among the list of resources. Thanks for posting the videos and for your dedicated work on your blog.

SouthCoast Guy said...

Really enjoyed the clips.Thanks for posting

Sharon Lovejoy said...

Wonderful content for this passionate gardener to ponder.

Spring is coming!

Sending warm wishes,

Sharon Lovejoy Writes from Sunflower House and a Little Green Island

Sharon Lovejoy said...

P.S.

I am a huge Skippy fan!

Sharon again

Marian(LondonUK) said...

Hi there Kathy. Thanks for posting Daniel's email to you. I had not heard of Global Generation, how wonderful to see younger gardeners so inspired and resourceful in my home city. Two more schools now garden allotments with us, the society donated tools, seeds, seed potatoes and onions to get them going, the kids love it! Re: worm compost I saw somewhere that Queen Elizabeth is advertising for gardeners into worms etc., royal worms!!
Marian (LondonUK)