Sunday, December 30, 2012

garden christmas gifts - given and received

This year I gave, and received, a number of gifts made from homegrown garden produce or items to use in the garden.
wrapped gift 027
Dried herbs: This year I dried lots of my garden thyme, rosemary, sage, hot red chilis, and coriander seeds. I packed these in little jars (from Crate and Barrel) and used ribbon to tie on labels.
dried herbs 034 dried herbs 038 dried herbs 019
Hand-decorated dried gourds: My brother-in-law found a fantastic source for the most creative decorated gourds I have seen. I love the tall snowman gourd that is now on my mantle! I'll add more photos and the source later.

Planting basket: My sister gave me a Smart Pot. Its a 10 gallon container made of a porous aeration fabric. (www.smartpots.com) I can't wait to try it.
smart pot
And, I received a stack of wonderful books! gift books 037

1 comment:

Marian(LondonUK) said...

Hi, It look's like people know what you are intrested in!! Enjoy all your goodies.
Marian (LondonUK)