Wednesday, July 10, 2013

toad returns

I finally gave my garden a deep watering today. I didn't bother the past few days as I didn't have time to water deeply. And our community garden has limited water and it not really worth watering if anyone else is watering. (Next year we are getting a new system! Yippee!)

As I was watering, I discovered my old garden toad from the last two years. He is still here !!! He had dug into the soil under the squashes. As I watered, he moved on to another, likely drier, location.
toad 019

He's (she's?) a really BIG toad.

3 comments:

Mike the Gardener said...

Just a quick question ... did you do anything special to get the toad to live in your garden?

Erin Kaine said...

We have two large ones that like to eat the bugs as they fall from the porch light. They are messy little things. We thought we had a cat visiting at first! They do clean up the bugs nicely.

kathy said...

Mike, Nothing special. Other than get a plot out in the middle of a conservation area. There are so many critters out here. And, like Erin says, lots of bugs.