Wednesday, March 04, 2015

7 eggs from 4 hens?

I was amazed to find 7 eggs in my coop today. But I only have 4 hens!! Hmmm. At first I thought someone had added some. Not. Then maybe that 3 hens layed double. Not. I knew I had tended them yesterday. I remember feeding them a big serving of leftover rice and squash as well as chicken pellets. OK, after thinking rationally, I must have fed them but forgot to bring in eggs. It sure looked cool to see the big nestfull of eggs. Two pinks, one blue, four browns and 2 golf balls all in one nest. Omelet time!

3 comments:

Lowcarb team member said...

..... hope you enjoyed your omelette

All the best Jan

Marian (LondonUK) said...

Wow, that was an eggxciting find! Sorry couldn't resist it. Hope you enjoyed them.

Marian (LondonUK)

kathy said...

chuckle... hi Marian!