Sunday, March 15, 2015

Skippy's Spring Calendar App

ITS TIME TO PLANT SEEDS!
Make it easy with Skippy's Spring Calendar - a NEW mobile app for seed planting

App is based on the calendar I created in 2009 that's used by over 10,000 gardeners a year, including agriculture schools, community gardens and home gardeners.

It allows you to create YOUR PERSONAL CALENDAR, including sowing dates for indoor and direct planting, transplanting dates and succession sowing dates.

App is:
     - written by gardeners
     - tested by gardeners
     - actively supported ... leave your comments here
     - and, easy to use
There are no adds or product placements in the app
And, its green-friendly - no printing because its on your mobile device

The app has 3 steps:
1- enter the date of your last frost
2- select the crops you want to plant
3- view your calendar, either by week or the whole season
When you come back to the app, it will open automatically to your tasks for the current week
Reviews:
"Thanks for the nifty app! " - MIchaeldg
"Love the simplicity... Very easy to use... very useful" - Mayhew
"It is a wonderful app....I will be able to carry it with me to the garden without printing out my garden plan. I especially love the transplanting calendar because most books and seed packet instructions do not tell you when to transplant. - Nancy
AVAILABLE NOW for $1.99 at the Apple Store. (link to app site at Apple Store)

The app was written by me and coded by Amelia, a gardener at my community garden.
Here's Amelia's blog, ameliafannin.com, and here's her programming website, ameliafannin.github.io.

app screen shot IMG_1828app screen shot IMG_1826
app screen shot IMG_1814

2 comments:

Cary said...

Hi Kathy! Don't mean to be a luddite, but can I buy at Apple store and use on my android? Sounds like I need to have this. I use your online calendar all the time. Oh, is this only Spring, or Fall too? Thanks!

kathy said...

Luddit - that's a new one for me I had to look it up. Now I know.

Sorry Cary, you can only use this app on Apple devises. Please keep using the on-line one for now - I moved it down a bit lower on my side bar. I hope you can still find it.

We will get an android version out soon. My coder is a gardener/friend of mine and is teaching herself to code as she goes. Getting the Apple app up had hoops to jump through. Android will too. We are thinking about 2 weeks til we get an android version.

The calendar is only Spring right now, but the fall and winter will be added very soon. Maybe one week. We'll add these onto the Spring version, plus also make separate seasonal calendars available.

When I give a date, that's for getting the coding done. Each version then needs to get approved by Apple, which seems like its taking a week or so. So add that time on.

I'm so glad you're interested!