Wednesday, April 08, 2015

skippy's full season planting calendar is out

Our full season app has just been released at the Apple store. It includes spring, fall and winter planting calendars all in one. You can make a calendar with all seasons, or turn one or two seasons off.

Like our previous calendars, it gives you tasks by the week - like a real calendar. Other planting calendars list times by crop so you can't easily see what you need to do now. That's the main benefit of our app, I think. Also we have transplant times listed. And you can email me or comment here if you have a question.

We keep adding updates. I think we'll add some phenology soon, that is, traditional planting advice based on the seasonal flora and fauna changes. This is fun to know, but in odd winters like this in NE, phenology can help adjust traditional calendar planting dates. I still haven't heard those female redwing blackbirds, but the males are singing loudly. Peas are supposed to go in when the females show up.

BTW, if you have our spring calendar already, the update to full season is free.

Here is the link: Skippy's Full Season calendar
full season app screen shot panel

6 comments:

Echo Wu said...

Hi Kathy,

The new version of app looks great! The new interface works very well on my iPhone 5. Thank you!

kathy said...

Glad you like it!! We had fun putting it together. I will post some screen shots now.

Anonymous said...

You convinced me to try it - and I love it! I've downloaded the app to my iPhone and iPad. Although I have a few crops that I start early each year because of the greenhouse covers, the app is really useful for my main beds. I also really appreciate the reminders for succession planting. Gotta go and plant some seed! Deb S.

kathy said...

Yeah! I'm glad to hear that.

kathy said...

BTW, I did finally see a female redwing blackbird yesterday. There was enough free water on our pond for the dogs and I to take the row boat out. And she was in the marsh singing.

The boat ride was interesting. I didn't realize that the ice on a pond moves once it is no longer frozen to the edge. I saw a nice big path of free water around the edge of the pond, so we rowed over to the other side. On the way back, the ice had all blown over to block our landing area. I had to row through ice! Not the easiest. but we made it.

Matt said...

The app looks nice but is it only for Iphones. Id give it a try but dont have an iphone. Interesting about the female blackbirds, I never knew that.