Thursday, January 12, 2017

"aerial" garden photo

I was able to get an aerial view of my "new" garden. (Actually not so new any more - this is it's 4th year.)

aerial from ladder IMG_6538C

My husband gave me a beautiful new pruning ladder for Christmas. I was able to place it at the top off the slope to the west of the garden and shoot a photo though the branches. I'd like to follow my garden through the year from one location. I wish I could get up a bit higher, but this is the top of the slope. Not as good as my old viewpoint from the second floor right above the garden. Maybe I can find a tree to climb with this new ladder...

new prining ladder IMG_6540 new pruning ladder IMG_6554

My new ladder is tall enough for me to prune our overgrown bushes. My guess is the bushes in the photo on the right are a variety Chamaecyparis pisifera Threadleaf False Cypress. Maybe ‘King’s Gold’. They'll look better if they are thinned out, shorter, and fuller.

These photos are quite a contrast to the ones I posted last. We've had two rain storms and weather in the 60's! All of our snow is gone - replaced by mud. I opened up my winter tunnel to give it some fresh air. There are some nice bok choi that I can harvest soon.

No comments: