Thursday, March 08, 2018

March nor'easter aftermath

snow day tree on coop IMG_1820 snow day bonfire IMG_1830

Here's the aftermath of the nor'easter we had last night. Eight inches of very heavy wet snow piled onto the trees and brought down many branches, including two huge ones from my beautiful Carolina silver bell that landed on my chicken coop. No damage to the coop but it took a lot of effort to clear and burn the fallen wood.

I had built a lean-to over my new little lettuce tunnel and the plants look just fine underneath.

snow day garden IMG_1815 snow day lettuce IMG_1818

2 comments:

Phuong said...

That's a lot of snow in a couple of weeks. It's good that your greens are snug in a tunnel.

kathy said...

Yes, way too much snow. I'll go check the greens in the tunnels tomorrow. I hope I can open the tunnels for a few days and let the plant get full sunlight. The sun is pretty nice now.